Okay! So this is a tried and tested method and I am not goofing it up. I have tried it myself and succeeded in achieving my goal to a certain extent. Also, it needs a bit of patience like every amazing thing you want to achieve needs. It won’t give you quick results and you might also not witness a lot of change but the weighing machine will definitely show it. And your old pair of jeans which you loved but could not wear because of your bulging tummy will also give you that feel.
|Image Source: www.eatthis.com|
Now, we get to the point straight no more exaggerations. So, here is the deal:
One thing that can help you lose the 2-3 kgs a month is Water. Yes, plain and simple water. Drink as much water as you can. But, what is more, important is the timing of drinking water which affects a lot in our digestive system. Water is one of the main and most important substances which helps in digesting the food we eat. An adult human body contains 60 per cent water on an average, which results in half of your body weight.
The leaner a person is more water his or her body contains. That means people who are obese or fat have less amount of water than they should have ideally. This happens because fatty tissues contain less water as compared to lean tissues. I don’t know much about tissues and biology; you can read about it more on Google if you want to.
So, the important point is you should drink lots and lots of water on daily basis. It will be difficult to drink 2-3 liters of water in the starting, but gradually it will become a lot easier and habitual too. Water detoxifies your body and removes all the dirt and unnecessary fats from your body.
Benefits of drinking more water
- It gives a natural glow to your skin. Everyone knows that water is the only natural cleanser for cleaning anything your car, bike, house, clothes etc. The quality of cleanliness water give cannot be substituted with anything. So, when you use water to clean everything else, why don’t you use water to clean your inner body parts? The quality of glow and shine water will give cannot be substituted with any artificial drinks, face wash or cleansers.
- It also helps in removing the acne, pimples, and marks from your face. Water will give a natural glow to your face as well as it will decrease all the acne or marks you have. It will also improve the complexion of your skin by making it flawless. But, it will take some time and you have to be patient about it.
- Water flushes out all the toxins which promote weight loss.
- It will keep your body hydrated and full of energy.
- Drinking more water helps in digestion and constipation a lot. Those who constipation should drink 2-3 liters of water daily or more if you can.
When to and when not to drink water
In the morning when you wake up the first thing you should do is drink water. Drink at least 2-3 glasses of water just after you wake up. What I do is, I keep a one-liter bottle just beside my bed in the night before going to sleep and sometimes if I need to drink in the mid of the night I sip from it. And the rest of it I drink in the morning just after waking up. It makes our body hydrated and less sleepy. This part helps the most in losing weight just by drinking water. If you want you can also add the juice of half lemon and honey with hot water. It will remove all the toxins and fasten the weight loss process.
The timing of drinking water is also important and by timing, I don’t mean there is fixed timetable to drink water to reduce weight. By timing, I mean before and after having your lunch, dinner or any meal of the day. You should not drink much water just before a meal. You can have a glass of water or half before the meal if you want to. But, you should not drink water just after having your lunch or dinner. One should wait at least 30 minutes after having food because if you drink immediately after eating it will affect your digestion. There are many kinds of juices that our stomach secrets which help in breaking down the food. But, if you mix the water with it slows down the process which can also make you feel bloated.
There is also another important thing that is; you should not drink chilled or cold water or any other cold drink after eating something oily or cheesy and also along with it. For instance, you should not drink Coke or Pepsi when you are having your cheese burst pizza. This is because cold drinks will make it hard to digest the food; also aerated drinks have gas in it which causes bloating. You should never cold drinks with hot junk foods. You can have hot coffee or tea if you want something to drink. But cold drinks are complete no. Similar to cold drinks chilled water too has same effects, but if you want you can have a sip or two of normal water. This point applies to all the oily stuff and junk food that you eat.
So, if losing weight without hard work or exercise is your goal start drinking 2 to 3 liters of water daily and increase it to 3 to 4 liters later on. And if it helps you in any way, please do tell me in the comments section below.